Who We Are
Connecting Coloradans to the Jewish community & the people of Israel.
JEWISHcolorado is the result of a merger of three historic Colorado organizations: Allied Jewish Federation of Colorado, the Colorado Agency for Jewish Education (CAJE), and the Jewish Community Foundation of Colorado. Their legacies live on in JEWISHcolorado’s three primary areas of work. Our programs transmit timeless knowledge, education, and values. Our grants infuse significant resources into the local, national, and global Jewish communities. And our Philanthropy Department stewards the community’s financial resources for today and tomorrow.
JEWISHcolorado envisions a thriving, diverse, and dependable Jewish community, one in which people feel connected to one another, to the people of Israel, and to Jews around the world. We build that community, guided by our Jewish values, through our programs, by mobilizing and disbursing resources, and by enabling opportunities to gather together in shared purpose.
Jews everywhere are inextricably linked.
In acts of loving kindness, care, and compassion.
In passing down Jewish values from generation to generation.
JEWISHcolorado is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.
Teen Program Coordinator
Position Summary: The Teen Program Coordinator will work with Jewish Student Connection (JSC) and the Joyce Zeff Israel Study Tour (IST). The JSC focuses on impacting teens and ensuring they make meaningful personal connections with Jewish culture, Jewish people, Israel, and each other in a public-school environment. This role requires a charismatic and strategic thought leader to engage and mentor Jewish and non-Jewish teens in Jewish programming in public high schools. IST is the Colorado community teen tour to Poland and Israel, taking approximately seventy incoming seniors on a five-week trip each summer, and this role supports recruitment, pre-trip programming, and attends the tour.
Reports to: Director of Jewish Student Connection (JSC) & Israel Study Tour (IST)
- Collaborate with the Director of JSC and other staff to implement teen-led programs
- Plan and organize weekly clubs in coordination with JSC staff and student leaders that inspire Jewish pride, identity, and values, including coordinating program materials, pizza, and weekly club schedules
- Oversee and manage student leadership teams and implement teen leadership development and trainings throughout the school year
- Attend and lead all in-person or virtual programs
- Implement mentorship program, building and maintaining relationships with leaders and students through weekly one-on-one meetings
- Work closely with four shinshinim (Israeli teen emissaries), who attend every club and program
- Collaborate with partner organizations on community-wide teen programs
- Manage data tracking, surveys, and communication
- Market program to and recruit high school juniors
- Travel to Poland and Israel for five weeks
Read full position details below
Your contributions at work.
We work hard to ensure that your donations have as much direct impact on our community as possible.
View our Charity Navigator and Guide Star profiles.