Boulder JTree Volunteer Day at Cal-Wood
(Sunday) 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Join Boulder JTree and partners for the second time this year to help reforest areas burned in the Calwood Fire in 2020. This volunteer
Join Boulder JTree and partners for the second time this year to help reforest areas burned in the Calwood Fire in 2020. This volunteer morning will include both kid-friendly and adult-only projects. The project details are still to be determined but will focus on completing critical land management. Example tasks may include trail maintenance/building, forest management, wildfire management, fire recovery, invasive species control, building/campsite maintenance, and wildlife-oriented projects.
- Snacks (some snacks will be provided)
- Water bottle (There are water fill-up stations)
- Please wear clothes to be comfortable outside in all types of weather—closed-toed shoes, layers, sun hat, rain gear for just in case, and clothes that can get dirty
- Work gloves (we have some you can borrow if needed)
- Lunch if you want to stick around after the project and picnic in a scenic setting
Cal-Wood’s Mission and Vision: Cal-Wood’s mission is to offer a unique outdoor educational experience to youth and adults.
Cal-Wood’s founding vision has guided our organization for 38 years:
- To inspire a greater appreciation for the natural world
- To offer environmental education to those who would not otherwise experience it
- To provide unique educational opportunities in a special mountain setting
- Cal-Wood strives to grow the diversity and number of people who experience nature and the Colorado mountains.
- Volunteering is a rewarding and effective way to support and assist in critical land management.
Thank you for joining Boulder JTree volunteer day at Cal-Wood!