The Jewish Community Relations Council, JCRC, a coalition of 39 Jewish organizations and 15 at-large members, is the advocacy arm of the Colorado Jewish community.
The JCRC gives voice to the Jewish community on issues of concern and organizes the Jewish community in times of crisis, celebration and commemoration.
What We Do
- Engages in current issues important to the Jewish community
- Develops strategies and programs designed to educate the community and advance JCRC’s public affairs agenda
- Develops support for the State of Israel and the quest for peace in the Middle East through partnership building and educational trips for public officials
- Builds coalitions with government officials and other minority and faith-based communities around key issues of mutual concern
- Supports the well-being and security of Jews in Colorado, across the United States, in Israel and around the world
- Hosts biennial events: Candidates Forum and Date with the State
JCRC 2018 Priority Issues:
- Israel and combating BDS and anti-Semitism
- Protecting the rights of and combating discrimination against vulnerable minorities including immigrants and refugees
- Access to healthcare, including reproductive health care
- Early childhood education/Education
- Socio-economic welfare, including affordable housing, poverty, seniors and disabilities
2017: Hosting the 7th biennial Public Officials Mission to Israel with a bipartisan delegation of state officials
2016: Supporting Colorado legislation prohibiting economic boycotts of the State of Israel. Colorado was the fourth state in the U.S. to pass anti-BDS policy.
2014: Establishing the State Legislature Israel Caucus
2013: Supporting civil unions to provide legal protection and recognition for same-sex couples
2013: Supporting Colorado legislation granting in-state tuition for undocumented students
2008: Supporting Colorado divestment from companies operating in Iran
2008: Advocating for reauthorization of the Colorado Child Care Contribution Credit
2004: Obtaining federal funding to support aging-in-place projects implemented by Jewish Family Service of Colorado
ANNUAL: Promoting Colorado resolution commemorating the Holocaust
ANNUAL: Safeguarding federal Homeland Security appropriations for Jewish institutions through the Nonprofit Security Grant Program with JFNA’s Washington office
ANNUAL: Safeguarding upwards of $10 billion in federal appropriations for Jewish community services in partnership with JFNA’s Washington offic
JCRC is funded by gifts to JEWISHcolorado’s Annual Campaign. Donations advance the programs and activities JCRC undertakes on behalf of the
organized Jewish community.
JCRC is a member agency of the national Jewish Council for Public Affairs (JCPA) and
works in partnership with the Jewish Federations of North America (JFNA).