Who is UJA Aspen Valley?
We are locals, part-timers, and people who come together to support the Jewish community in the Aspen Valley and around the world. Through our local advisory committee and community partner organizations, we secure funds, host community wide outreach events, and work to create and strengthen the Jewish community.
Local Programs We Support:
Engage the next generation in being Jewish
- Religious school subsidies to Aspen Jewish Congregation (AJC), Chabad Jewish Community Center, and Neshama Center
- PJ Library allows kids and their families to explore the timeless values of Judaism through free books delivered monthly
- Schlichim, Israeli emissaries, connect the Colorado Community to Aspen Valley religious schools, helping student families deepen their personal connection to Israel
- Summer camp scholarships ensure that all children in the Aspen Valley can experience Jewish summer camp
- $1,000 Bnai Mitzvah Israel trip stipends help promote and deepen a strong connection to our Jewish homeland
Create Jewish Community Around Aspen Valley’s Passions
- Skiing: Fund Golshim L’Chaim (Ski to Live), which brings disabled Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) veteran soldiers to Aspen for a week of healing and physical challenge
- Music: We support Israeli students attending the Aspen Music School, enabling Aspen Valley children to meet their Israeli peers
- Jewish Culture: Many of our programs are infused with Israeli culture which help to build living bridges between the people of the Aspen Valley and the land of Israel
UPCOMING ASPEN JEWISH EVENTS
August 7 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Community Building Outreach Events
- Neshama’s Yom HaShoah program
- AJC Summer Concert
- Yom Ha’azmaut Celebration
- Locals’ Happy Hour
- World Cup Après Ski
- Premier Summer Event
- Lion & Pomegranate Luncheon
UJA Aspen Valley is committed to supporting Israel and other partner organizations working overseas, such as The Jewish Agency for Israel, the American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee, and The Jewish Federations of North America. Together, we provide significant funding to ensure that life-saving and life-enhancing services are available for those in need. This includes trauma counseling and financial assistance for families in Southern Israel and providing relief to thousands of poor, elderly Jews in the Former Soviet Union.