On September 16, 2017, JEWISHcolorado launched ELEVATE, an exciting new fundraising event to benefit its Young Adult Department (YAD). The theme for ELEVATE was 1920’s, and was held at the beautiful Denver Center for Performing Arts. The event set the stage for an annual event that will continue to mobilize the YAD demographic – young adults in their 20’s and 30’s – while also attracting donors of all ages.
The event engaged the YAD target audience by utilizing the following strategies:
- Five dedicated event chairs who oversaw 33 Host Committee members that drove the planning and recruitment process
- 15 event sponsors
- The opportunity to register as a VIP couple and receive a creative, custom VIP couples package, which included access to a VIP bar, a SWAG bag and recognition on screens throughout the event space
- Sponsors and VIP couples received the fully loaded swag bag, containing distinctive items donated to us by 17 different local and national companies
Event successes included:
- 250 community members attended
- $10,000.00 raised in the room
- 29 new donors to YAD
- A wine pull that quickly sold out. Participants paid $20 to pull one of 50 bottles of donated wine
- A diverse audience, including attendance by several members of the JEWISHcolorado Board of Directors
The greater Denver area is one of the fastest growing markets in the country, and JEWISHcolorado believes strongly in the power of the younger generation and its potential to make a difference. ELEVATE is only one of the ways we are working with to cultivate up and coming philanthropists to to LIVE. GIVE. LEAD. JEWISH.
For more information please visit JEWISHcolorado.org/YAD.