FY2017 and beyond*
The Kosher Meals on Wheels Program is a collaborative partnership to provide free hot Kosher meals to marginalized seniors in the Jewish community. This program annually serves 20,000 meals to participants through home delivery and communal meal services at the Staenberg-Loup Jewish Community Center.
Funding = $160,000
JEWISHcolorado administers the program and provides “gap” funding for program costs not secured elsewhere.
Volunteers of America
Contribution = $201,000
Volunteers of America subsidizes direct cost of food & transportation
Jewish Family Service (JFS)
Contribution = $140,000
Identifies clients/provides case management and logistics. Via an independent contractor, JFS prepares and transports food.
Denver Regional Council of Governments + JCC Denver + Va’Ad**
Contribution = $35,000
Donates space for congregate meals.
What are the benefits?
- Alleviates hunger among vulnerable population
- Supports self-sufficiency of seniorswho wish to remain in their homes
- Congregate service also provides intellectually stimulating programming
- Provides opportunitiesfor social interaction
- Helps seniors maintain their cultural and lifestyle independence, allowing them to stay grounded through the transitions of aging
- 80 meals served each day
- 40 In-Home
- 40 Congregate
- 260 Days a Year
- 220 Unique Individuals Served
* Budget subject to change as we finalize new food preparer. Total budget of $536K
** Donates Kashrut supervision