In collaboration with Jewish Family Service, Shalom Cares, the Robert E. Loup JCC, and Volunteers of America, this program provides over 20,000 nutritious Kosher meals annually to Jewish seniors in need.
Kosher Meals on Wheels Program
The Kosher Meals on Wheels Program is a collaborative partnership to provide free hot Kosher meals to marginalized seniors in the Jewish community. This program annually serves 20,000 meals to participants through home delivery and communal meal services at the Robert E. Loup Jewish Community Center.
JEWISHcolorado administers the program and provides “gap” funding for program costs not secured elsewhere. Volunteers of America subsidizes direct cost of food and transportation. Jewish Family Service identifies clients/provides case management and logistics. Via an independent contractor, Jewish Family Service prepares and transports food.
What are the benefits?
- Alleviates hunger among vulnerable populations
- Supports self-sufficiency of seniors who wish to remain in their homes
- Provides opportunities for social interaction
- Congregate service also provides intellectually stimulating programming
- Helps seniors maintain their cultural and lifestyle independence, allowing them to stay grounded through the transitions of aging
- 80 meals served each day
- 40 In-Home
- 40 Congregate
- 260 Days a Year
- 220 Unique Individuals Served